Monday 5 July 2010

Score Tissue: parts 1-10



For six months last year I threw together a weekly videogame webcomic for the fine folks over at Hi-Score.co.uk. As that site is (sadly) no more, I'm going to re-host those strips here with a few additional notes.

Due to my *ahem* busy schedule, a lot of these early strips were written a couple of weeks before they went up, so obviously I wanted to avoid the usual webcomic tactic of trawling Joystiq that morning for the joke of the day as the strip would've been out of date before it went online.


Was this strip responsible for (the hopefully awesome) Sonic 4? I'd like to think so.



I have seen some mashing silliness on Soul Calibur over the years.
This strip guest stars my Girlfriends dog, Chester.


I love the traditional November gaming splurge, as it usually means that I have millions of cheap games to choose from by my birthday in late January.



I sneakily replaced the silhouettes of Noble Team with the characters from Team Fortress 2. I think I was too subtle for my own good.




Okay, so we're getting Sonic 4. Still waiting on that Star Wars movie and B&B machine though guys.



I still haven't bought Guitar Hero: Van Halen. And considering how much I like throwing myself at impossibly complex guitar wankery on the guitar hero games, that should speak volumes as to how dire the rest of the track list is.


This isn't getting any better. Games I still think of as "Next Gen" are having their tenth anniversary. Stupid ageing process.



This was so damn fun to draw.


I'm not sure if i should be proud or ashamed of "This months rent-boy".



The look of dread that enters my brothers eyes whenever anyone else asks him to fix their RROD leads me to believe that this comic is closer to the truth than I intended.

The next 20 strips will be uploaded tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I missed a few of these first time around. Some very good stuff. I really had to double-take on the TF2 silhouettes though, yeah too subtle I'm afraid ;)

    ReplyDelete