Tuesday 15 December 2009

2009 Round-Up: Part two

The grand 2009 video game universe round-up continues with:


My ex-girlfriend took the Nintendo Wii with her when we broke up towards the end of 2008. Which meant that 2009 was the first year since 1993 where I didn't own the current Nintendo home system.

(Yes, despite my claims of complete Sega loyalty, I owned a SNES Back in't day and I bought both my N64 and Gamecube on launch day.
I REGRET NOTHING.)

So, how many must-have Wii games have been released in the past 12 months that I should feel pained about missing out on?
*fires up metacritics best of 2009 list*

Jesus Christ.
New Super Mario Bros and maybe Punch out?
Is that it?

D-
Must try harder.
See me after class young Nintendo.


In the interests of being somewhat fair and balanced, I should point out that the DS did fair quite a bit better.

Love Plus and Scribblenauts in particular showed us all a fascinating glimpse of just how fucking strange the future of gaming might become. And Phantasy Star Zero is such a perfect spiritual successor my beloved Phantasy Star Online that I've been avoiding playing it for weeks it as I don't want it to ever end.

Yes I know. I am a huge wuss.

1 comment:

  1. You have time to play on the DS too!? Damn your time! (and eyes for good measure!) ;)

    Phantasy Star Zero was on my ever-growing list of DS games I wanted whenever I had the time to play any. Although I actually lost the list in a computer upgrade mix up, so I guess it's not ever-growing, since it's now reset to zero.

    Now one.

    ReplyDelete